As the Susquehanna River rises in the Wyoming Valley
what starts to happen.
- 10 feet – Pumping stations in Kingston & Hanover Township are activated.
- 12 feet – Pumping stations in Wilkes-Barre & Edwardsville are activated.
- 14 feet – Additional pumping stations in Wilkes-Barre are activated.
- 15 feet – Additional pumping stations in Kingston are activated.
- 16 feet – Flood gates are closed in Forty Fort, Exeter and Hanover Township. Pumping
stations in Plymouth are activated.
- 19 feet – Additional pumping stations in Wilkes-Barre are activated.
- 20 feet – FLOOD WARNING STAGE EMA is activated. Unprotected areas of
Shickshinny and Plainsville begin to flood.
- 22 feet -Flooding of lowlands in Plainsville, Plymouth Flats, West Nanticoke and
- 23 feet – Farm lands flood in Plains.
- 24 feet – Canal St. in Shickshinny begins to flood.
- 26 feet – Mark Plaza in Edwardsville starts to flood.
27 feet – Route 11 in West Nanticoke begins to flood.
- 29 feet – Route 11 in Shickshinny closes.
30 feet Route 11 in Avondale floods.
- 31 feet – Hollenback Park in WB starts to flood. Railroad tracks in Hanover Township are
closed to put up flood wall.
- 32 feet – Main St in Shickshinny is flooded. Railroad tracks on the West Side are closed to
put up flood wall.
- 33 feet – Mocanaqua begins to flood.
- 34 feet – Depending on projected crest of the river, flood gates may be installed on the
Market St Bridge and on Route 11 in Edwardsville.
- 35 feet – Dundee section of Hanover Township begins to flood.
- 41 feet – Top of the levee system.